Here are some Frequently Asked Questions.  If you still have questions after reading this page please email


Q: What do I have to have before I can show up to work?
A:  The most important thing is all workers must have a Tulsa Health Department (THD) Food Handler Permit.  If you do not have one you cannot work.  You can obtain a Food Handler Permit online from the Tulsa Health Department.
Other required items are answered in the questions below.
Q:  Who exactly can work concessions?
A:  We allow and encourage Parents/Legal Guardians, Band Students and Siblings to work concessions.
        Parents/Legal Guardians - You must be a Parent, Step Parent or Legal Guardian of a currently enrolled 8th - 12th grade Jenks Band Student.
        Band Students - You must be a currently enrolled 8th - 12th grade Jenks Band Student.
        Siblings - You must currently be enrolled in 8th - 12th grade and be a sibling or step sibling of a currently enrolled 9th - 12th grade Jenks Band Student.
If you do not fit into one of these categories we unfortunately will not be able to schedule you.  If you feel that you have an extenuating circumstance that may lead to an exception of this policy please contact Cathleen Henderson at
Q:  What should I wear?
A:  The Jenks Band Concessions dress code is a combination of Jenks School, Jenks Band and THD policies.   If the dress code is not adhered to you will be asked to either leave or have someone bring you the proper attire.  You will not be allowed to clock in until you are in proper attire.  Remember we in the concession stand are representing not only Jenks Band but also Jenks Schools, the city of Jenks and to some the state of Oklahoma.
        All articles of clothing should be clean, presentable and non-offensive.  Clothes should be free of unnecessary holes whether from wear/tear or design.
        Shirts - All workers are required to wear a Jenks Band travel shirt.  This is the maroon shirts the students wear that says Trojan Pride on the front and nothing on the back. If you do not have one of these shirts you will need to get with Brook Gibson at 
        Shorts - All shorts must be longer than the fingertips with arms hanging straight down to the side.  No bicycle/spandex shorts are allowed.
        Name Tags - We request that you wear either a Student ID or your Parent Name tag.
        Hats - Hats are acceptable as long as they are not offensive or have hanging parts that could get in to the food.
        Hair - If you have long hair we request that you have your hair in a up or at least in a ponytail so that it does not interact with the food.  You may also choose to wear a hat as described above.
Q:  Why did I not get scheduled for all of the events I requested?
A:  The simple answer is because we do our best to be fair to everyone.  We have almost 200 students this year and a limited amount of opportunities to work.  We have a process in place to allow each family to raise an equal amount for their student.  In doing so we keep an ongoing tally of hours worked per StudentID.  If your family has already worked 5 hours towards your student and someone from another family signs up to work for a student that has not had any previously worked hours they will get scheduled first.  If you have multiple students in your family make sure to enter the appropriate StudentID so that your requests are properly processed.
Q:  When/How will my students account be credited for hours worked?
A:  We will be sending periodic account credit reports to the Trip Fund manager and Treasurer.  This typically will happen within a few days following a Varsity football event.  The trip fund manager will then process the report and update the account balances appropriately.  New updated totals of the balances may not immediately be posted to the website but the trip fund manager should be able to provide you an updated balance as needed.
Your total hours worked will be based on the time sheet you will sign at each event you work. Time will be credited in increments of 15 minutes with appropriate rounding as needed.  You will be required to sign in and sign out as well as initial and get a manager initial.  If you do not sign in or out we will not be able to credit you for time worked.  It will be your responsibility to complete this.
Q:  What do I need to do if I am scheduled?
A:  Most importantly, show up on time ready to work.  We rely heavily on workers to make it happen.  If you are unable to make it to work or know you will be late you will need to email us at as early as possible so that we can plan to adjust appropriately.  If you fail to show up for a scheduled time and do not inform us in advance it could result in you not being scheduled for future events. 
Q:  Where do I go to work?
A:  The Concession Stand is located in the South Endzone of Allen Trimble Stadium on B Street in Jenks across from the Education Service Center. Entry doors are on both ends of the stand.
Q:  How will I know if new schedule opportunities are available?
A:  You can sign up to work via Sign Up Genius. The link is available via the Jenks Trojan Pride e-blast.
  • Chick-fil-A
  • Jenks Butterfield
  • Palen Music Center
  • Brent Hagar State Farm
  • Curtin Drug
  • Ron Henderson AllState
  • Mark Allen Chevrolet
  • Sawyer Manufacturing
  • New Life Ranch
  • Red Crown Credit Union
  • Hopper Dental
  • Scissortail Building Supply
  • Young Peoples Clinic
  • Carlettis Dentistry
  • Dreaming About
  • Ron Henderson
  • Regent Bank
  • Graves McLain
  • Horizons